Wednesday 26 August 2015

She came laughing

She came laughing in the morning’s glow,
Her voice was singing clear.
Dancing she came, and remaining here
She taught me joy to know.
Her eyes as tender as morning dew,
With lightest step she flew –
Stepping graceful as the dawning’s mist,
Slender form sunlight kissed.

Firmly braced in the noonday sun
She passed her strength to me;
In open desert, wildly free
I realised how to run.
Her leaping eyes revealed passion’s fire,
The fight would never tire.
Rippling hair streamed tempest tossed,
Chiming voice ever soft.

In the evening’s calm she lingered still
With sweetness in her smiles.
Following close through the miles
I mounted Patience Hill.
Then moved she on to a wider sphere;
She went, and left me here.
And now I alone must run the race
Without her winning grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment