Monday 2 January 2017

New year, new chapter

Conquering the Pinnacles. Climb ev'ry mountain, ford ev'ry stream, follow ev'ry rainbow, til youuuu fiiiind youuuur dreeeeam!

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year, everyone!

Long time, no blog (again). For various reasons (chiefly ballet and university admissions related) December turned into a very busy month.

My PhD application was approved at the beginning of the month and my enrolment finalised on the 13th, so I am now officially a student again. Of course I am excited about starting doctorate research, but also very happy to a.) have my access to the university library restored and b.) return to being eligible for the tertiary discount on public transport. (Little things please little minds.) 

A happy Christmas present came in the form of a full PhD scholarship offered by the university through a very generous donor, which will allow me to worry about, I mean, enjoy, the content of my PhD thesis rather than how to fund it.

So the new year has got off to an exciting start. On the 9th January I will also be starting a new part-time job working at the university in the Arts Assignment Centre, and in February the Pop-up Globe opens with promises of being even bigger (metaphorically speaking; the dimensions of the theatre are the same) and better than last year. Last week we were lucky to have a sneak preview of the wardrobe and scenery departments by volunteering to help paint some of the scenery, and the call for ushers should go out soon... I look like being busier this summer than last, but am quite determined to see as many performances as possible :D

Before that, though, there is still a week of holidays to go, hopefully with good weather, sunshine, and being outside most of the day. Last Friday some of us climbed the Pinnacles (759m) and this week we are tackling the Tongariro Crossing.

I love summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment